Soakaway needed?

If I were to fit guttering to our garage (5.3 m x 5.3 m, gabled roof) to drain to a water butt, would I have to provide a soakaway for the surplus water? There is no guttering at the moment, and the rain simply runs off into the ground all along both sides of the roof.

Reply to
Ramsman

Are you intending to tell the BCO about the guttering?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'm only looking at the feasibility at the moment and whether collecting the rainwater from such a comparatively small area is worth the effort and expense. I don't even know whether a soakaway is required, hence the question. I hadn't realised the BCO had to be notified, but then I haven't read much of the documentation yet.

Reply to
Ramsman

I am suggesting just fitting the guttering and not saying anything.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I did. It never occurred to me that I might need planning permission to fit gutters and a water butt to a shed. My butt just overflows when full and the water ends up in the same place it did before fitting gutters.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike