So what is this?

I know that it is a 30mm by 4mm glass capusle with some electronics inside it.

But other than that I have no idea.

ARW

It looks like a pet microchip to me.

Reply to
Nightjar

En el artículo , jim escribió:

Maybe it's um, "fitted", anally.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Looks like a coiled aerial and some components. RFID device? Could do without the curly grey pube though. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Looks like the chip from inside a car key albeit 2 times too big. How about an anti theft device for contractors plant?

AJH

Reply to
news

Certinly looks like it

Graham.

It's an RFID transponder. Coil is energised by a near-field device, transponder sends it's ID to the energiser. Usually contained inside something like this :

Dan

As others have said, looks like a low frequency transponder. TI do a

31x4 mm one:

Did Toby get the rest of the apprentice?

Reply to
Robin

It reminds me of an old style reed relay. Although I can't say why the coil is actually inside the glass envelope.

Reply to
pamela

That was my first thought, and a similar reason for discounting it.

Reply to
Graham.

An interesting data sheet - thanks for the link. I see that although made of glass for biocompatibility, it will withstand 300g! It is also hermetically sealed. I wondered how it could be sealed (as it appears to be made completely of glass) without heat damaging the electronics inside. Answered at

where it says the glass has a high iron content and can be sealed with a Nd:YAG laser. Obviously the iron content isn't high enough to interfere with the signal.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Is there a magnet-onna-spring inside that coil?

Reply to
John #9

A North Korean version of one of those pills you swallow to take images as it passes through?

That is a MW AM antenna on a ferrite rod. Probably off an old pocket transistor radio.

Simon Mason

Might be if it was ferrite rather than glass, and the wires were wound round the outside rather than on the inside!

Reply to
Andy Burns

The ferrite rod is underneath the coiled wire.

Reply to
Simon Mason

To connect to the other two flux capacitors, you mean?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Ask Jason Bourne

Reply to