Snappits for CH radiator tails

Is there a better alternative for these plastic covers that you put over radiator tails to cover up the copper .Last time I used them they discoloured quite quickly . Maybe they are better now or is there another way of doing it .What do you use or do you just leave the copper as it is ?

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Conduit. Egatube, to be exact. It stays white for years, unless you burn it. Then it goes a horrible brown/black sort of colour. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

So do you just split it along it's length and then push it on to the copper? It's made in 16mm and 20mm .Can the 16 be made to fit 15mm copper ?

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

I used tin snips to cut it along its length. Easy done with a good sharp pair of scissors as well. Yes, the 16mm will fit around the 15 mm pipe quite neatly, if I remember right. Nope, can't remember there being any gap. And I think it's still white after, must be, 12 years now. If not more.

It's on the system we have installed in the office, and tomorrow I'll check it again to make sure it is still as white as it ever was. It might have discoloured a bit by now, with being bashed and rubbed by appliances and the like, over the years. I do remember the decorator, a couple of years back, saying he would remove them because he didn't want to mark the new covers. So it sort of sticks in your head when you hear things like that.

Reply to
BigWallop