Snails in bath

I seem to have snails in my bath. They are hiding under the shower panel now but I think they must have come in somewhere else. How can I find out where they are getting in and how do I get rid of them?

Have asked other half to remove shower panel off bath to let me clean but he wont ( or cant - doesn't matter amounts to same thing) so how can I get under said screen and get the bugs out?

Reply to
sweetheart

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:04:41 +0100, "sweetheart" gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

Oi !! This our shed and hideaway ... not sure if women allowed ;-)

Mike P the 1st

Reply to
Mike P the 1st

Nah, the Shed is a different place entiely where they all talk in a frperg pbqr. I've never been able to jbex vg bhg.

Reply to
Graham.

Follow the slippery, shiny trail that they leave. Reminds me of an old joke, best not go there.

Reply to
Nick

I'd suggest beating other half into submission. You clearly haven't trained him well enough :-)

Not sure what you mean by 'shower panel'? HTH if you could clarify.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We already have Lino Expert. She is of the female persuasion....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Snails are very partial to damp/wet conditions. Any sign of leaks from/ around the bath/shower? If the grouting/silicone is leaking, that needs fixing first.

If everywhere inside your gaff is bone dry, they'll probably bugger off. But if the area around your house is like a jungle, you can be sure they're lurking ready to dash back into you house. Salt on the floors (particularly if you can blow in under the skirting) can be used as a barrier. Or use the classic gardeners trap - jam jar, with a bit of beer in the bottom.

Reply to
dom

Is Heather Mills halfway there?

Reply to
Steve Walker

And me.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I used to see the odd slug or slug trail in the bathroom. When I stripped it out to refit, I found an old hole through the wall at soil level (presumably for an old waste pipe). After filling it in ~8 years ago, never seen another slug indoors.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

So, girls are allowed then?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Wonder if she uses a sander or immac?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

How far from the coast are you? They might be whelks coming up the sewer outfall.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

Yes.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Of course women are allowed!

As long as they don't have a list of jobs they want doing ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I have occasional inroads of woodlouses. I think they come down the chimney as there's no other explanation for them being in the lounge of a warm dry first floor flat.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Good. I like girlies. I have 4. 1 x wife, 2 x daughters, 1 x granddaughter. I think they improve men no end.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

As in the song "I'll kipper whelk home in the eel side"?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And Dennis - our big girls blouse

Reply to
geoff

As long as they don't have pigtails and freckles, yes

Reply to
geoff