Smooth finish to concrete subsill - Horticultural Grit ?

Hi All, I am about to make a concrete subsill for a bay window and want to get a smooth finish, was planning to line the formwork with plastic, but also was thinking about using horticutural grit instead of chippings for the concrete mix what does the panel think?

Reply to
Housemartin

Hi I was thinking the same thing! Did anyone try this?

Reply to
ron.rwn

It shouldn't make any difference (apart from making it weaker). If you vibrate (and then trowel, if this moulded in-situ rather than upside down) the concrete properly, the surface layer will be all fines anyway.

Reply to
Zebedee