Smiths timer switch

I have a 4 year-old Smiths Timeguard ZV700 switch, whose timer mechanism has ceased to function: the lcd display is blank. I suspect the internal battery is dead. Smiths helpline is most unhelpful: no user-servicable parts and we don't do repairs. Does anyone know (a) how plausible my suspicion is and (b) what the internal rechargeable battery is likely to be? It has "061" printed on a green sleeve; nothing I can see on the battery itself.

Thanks, Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

This any use?

Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

display, try recharging via the instructions or replace battery.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Yes, that's why I suspect the battery (the pdf is basically just the instructions which came with the unit). But what do I replace the battery with -- the instructions don't, and the helpdesk couldn't, give me the specs. Anyone know?

Thanks, Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

Well the only way you're going to find out is to open it up and see what the battery is, lets face it, if you don't its going to be sitting there grinning at you.

So what have you to lose?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

the one other possible is to google for data sheets using the nubmers printed on the chip, you might get supply voltage data that way. And the final option, attach to wall wart and increase V until it works ok.

I would have thought though it would be more likely to be a CR supply than a battery. But I dont know, havent seen it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222