Smelly floor!

Currently refurbishing a house and the bathroom floor is heavily impregnated with urine.

Replacing said floorboards is not an option.

Do I just paint the floorboards over with some old gloss paint to seal them?

There was some info in a thread a few weeks ago. Workinf as a part time caretaker in a Primary school I can recommend what we use - Prochem Urine Neutraliser. We use it on hard floors, but I would think that soaking it into your floorboards would help.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race

Honestly, it is probably the *only* option.

It might work if you sell the house pretty quickly and don't hang around the neighbourhood to ever meet the buyers...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Seconded. With 30 years experince in the cleaning game I'd agree with Malcolm 100%. Brilliant stuff.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Is it easily available? I could recommend it to a daughter who has a leaky son ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Any Janitorial Supplier - look in Yellow Pages

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks,

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Will get some: thanks.

A word of warning, I just spoke to someone who sells this to trade and uses is when her cats and dogs have accidents.

It might not work on urine that has crystalised. Worth a try if you don't want to get rid of your floorboards I guess.

Reply to
stevelikesapint