Smelly covers ..

Just gone to put SWMBOs scooter away, and noticed that the cover - a generic BBQ cover made of some sort of synthetic - is giving off a nasty whiff that comes off on your hands.

*Exactly* like the one we replaced last year.

Clearly some sort of chemical degradation ... just curious as to what. Our sons rucksack went like this too.

The only thing is to bin and renew :(

Reply to
Jethro_uk

UV degradation?

like smelly kids snorkel parka coats from the 70s? bleurgh!! enduring smell!

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Is this a bit like the smell you get if you saw bakelite or paxolin or whatever? I think this has to do with the binding agent in the material, though why they would make a cover out of the stuff when its known to leach out with uv exposure is anyones guess. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff