smells from pipes

i live in a house beside a river and have great problems with the smells that come from the pipes. is there any solution that i can use to get rid of the smells or is there any product that i can use. cheers john
john kennedy wrote:

What pipes are those?

The pipes that the little river elves play at nighttime :-)) Stuart ---------
Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

That's called party gas, then. :-))

Does your house use the river water? How is your sewerage dealt with?
Christian.
Christian McArdle wrote:

maybe his house is in e.g. Bagdad where I understand the river is a sewer and has to be filtered downstream for "drinking" water .....
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.es (john kennedy) wrote in message

the pipes are those from the toilets and the sinks.
john kennedy wrote:

Gaewd,. And are these smells INSIDE or OUTSIDE the house.
Its like the third degree isn;t it, trying to help some people.

Pulling teeth springs to mind. :-))
John Kennedy. Can you please give us more information on where, what, how and when these pipe things are giving you problems. All we know is you have pipes that smell. Then What ?
"BigWallop" wrote | "The Natural Philosopher" wrote | > >>i live in a house beside a river and have great problems with the | > >>smells that come from the pipes. is there any solution that i can use | > >>to get rid of the smells or is there any product that i can use. | > > the pipes are those from the toilets and the sinks. | > Gaewd,. And are these smells INSIDE or OUTSIDE the house. | > Its like the third degree isn;t it, trying to help some people. | Pulling teeth springs to mind. :-)) | John Kennedy. Can you please give us more information on where, what, how | and when these pipe things are giving you problems. All we know is you have | pipes that smell. Then What ?
Well, at least we can surmise he is posting in the right group. Without the clarification we might have directed him to alt.medical.flatulence :-)
Owain

Commonly known as drains? Each and every one of these (toilets and basins etc) should have a trap (U-bend) filled with water beneath it, for the prime reason of stopping smells - from any waste water system. Perhaps you've got some badly installed wastes where one is siphoning the water out of another.
--
*The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging!