smells from pipes

i live in a house beside a river and have great problems with the smells that come from the pipes. is there any solution that i can use to get rid of the smells or is there any product that i can use. cheers john

Reply to
john kennedy

What pipes are those?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The pipes that the little river elves play at nighttime :-)) Stuart

---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me

Reply to
Stuart

Does your house use the river water? How is your sewerage dealt with?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

the pipes are those from the toilets and the sinks.

Reply to
john kennedy

maybe his house is in e.g. Bagdad where I understand the river is a sewer and has to be filtered downstream for "drinking" water .....

Reply to
BillR

Gaewd,. And are these smells INSIDE or OUTSIDE the house.

Its like the third degree isn;t it, trying to help some people.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's called party gas, then. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

Pulling teeth springs to mind. :-))

John Kennedy. Can you please give us more information on where, what, how and when these pipe things are giving you problems. All we know is you have pipes that smell. Then What ?

Reply to
BigWallop

"BigWallop" wrote | "The Natural Philosopher" wrote | > >>i live in a house beside a river and have great problems with the | > >>smells that come from the pipes. is there any solution that i can use | > >>to get rid of the smells or is there any product that i can use. | > > the pipes are those from the toilets and the sinks. | > Gaewd,. And are these smells INSIDE or OUTSIDE the house. | > Its like the third degree isn;t it, trying to help some people. | Pulling teeth springs to mind. :-)) | John Kennedy. Can you please give us more information on where, what, how | and when these pipe things are giving you problems. All we know is you have | pipes that smell. Then What ?

Well, at least we can surmise he is posting in the right group. Without the clarification we might have directed him to alt.medical.flatulence :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Commonly known as drains? Each and every one of these (toilets and basins etc) should have a trap (U-bend) filled with water beneath it, for the prime reason of stopping smells - from any waste water system. Perhaps you've got some badly installed wastes where one is siphoning the water out of another.

Reply to
Dave Plowman