Smells from Next Door

The next door neighbours son smokes in his bedroom and the smell is seeping into our back bedroom. I've had one floorboard up and the dividing wall appears to be in a bad condition. What would be the best way to fill the gaps? Should I use cement or is an expanding type foam a better alternative and would it be fire resistant?

David

Reply to
David

Reply to my post, I've just seen the thread earlier mentioning Screwfix products. I assume this is what I need:

David

I had exactly the same problem with my neighbour at our last house, except it was cigar smoke. We searched for at least 12 months to find the source. My neighbour was unhelpful and refused to co-operate with the search for the the place where this leak came from. We eventually found two or three possible sources. Bought a box of stink bombs, and broke one in the void under the floor boards. Using a hair dryer we blew the stink into the void until it had gone and did this for about a month. My neighbour came to me the following month to ask my help in locating the stink, only too pleased to help. rob

Reply to
rob

Good ploy - but didn't neighbour suspect?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher