smell

I had to house-sit the other day, to await the Sky man, who was going to fix the broadband. But that's another story. The household includes an adult, who I will call Jim, who can't deal with callers for psychological reasons. I was in the kitchen doing the washing up that mum and dad had left, for lack of any better entertainment. Jim was in the lavatory with his Daily Mirror. The lavatory on the ground floor has no windows and has an automatic fan, operated by the light switch. In the kitchen I became aware of a dreadful smell, in fact it was the unmistakable smell when someone else (never yourself!) has had a crap. The kitchen does not adjoin the lavatory. The extractor fan is in the middle of the lavatory ceiling. I walked around the house but I couldn't find an exit vent. In the kitchen I noticed a small gap between the edge of the ceiling and the wall, above the wall units. I needed a torch to see it. Hmm. . .

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Bill Wright scribbled