smeg dishwasher

Hi all.

Does anyone known anything about smeg dishwashers? I have a UKSTX1-1 freestanding dishwasher (Stainless steel with hidden control panel).

After 5 years it's costing me a fortune.

Currently it's in the state where several moths ago it stopped with an E3. According to the manual that means it can't heat the water. I've just paid out #45.00 callout plus #90.00 odd for a new element (That took months to get here). And it now runs but doesn't heat any water.

The man who fixed it now tells us we probably need to cough another #165.00 for a new control board. (Which apparently will be months more!)

After paying about #150.00 last year for a new pump, it's getting to the pint where I'm paying more for fixing the frigging thing than I paid for it in the first place. And I thought smeg were supposed to be a quality brand.

Are these prices right? Or am I being taken for a ride? I'd fix it myself, but I don't have a service manual for the damn thing?Anyone got any advice (Besides scrapping it & buying an F&P?)

TIA

Hamish

Reply to
Hamie