Smart Works Personal Edition

Any one here familiar with this office freebie?

I got a copy of it from a computer fair. (I seem to be filling my hard drive with free office stuff.) I have no idea how to use this thing or what to use it with or on. Has anyone here become a devotee of this software?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

If you don`t have M$ Orifice, go straight for openoffice.org :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Which strangely was better..

The Q

Reply to
the q

Got it and 602, as well as Lotus Millenium (2 quid -and a lovely looking thing. I can't understand why it is not the preferred choice for everyone.) I take it you have not tried the said proggie?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Nope... for most of my critical stuff I prefer to use a plain text editor

- there`s more chance of retrieving data if something critical happened !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

10 years is a long time in computing. This thing is more like an on-line diary. I think I had better try this question in house buying or whatever the forum is called.
Reply to
Michael Mcneil

It's unfortunate that the corporate world use M$Orifice & therefore I have to, otherwise I'd probably be using smartsuite millenium. Always did prefer

1-2-3 to Excel, and I just hate using Word.

Pity that WordPerfect lost it so badly when they converted to Windows-based word processors, to a trained operator WP5.1 was probably the finest word processor around.

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS