Smart Meters

Weapons of Mass Destruction!

He wore a Gannex coat and made the owner of the firm who made them into a Lord

Reply to
charles

On Wednesday 24 April 2013 09:48 Andy Champ wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Wars.

Privacy invasion.

Nanny state.

Got me there...

You cannot really except the war - it was rather the only thing going on.

Agree.

Reply to
Tim Watts

She was right wing, and the Labour PMs were left wing. The Left wing are very vocal in opposition, the right wing just get on with it, in general. A Labour PM has to *really* screw things up before the opposition get vocal. If Tory PM gets it slightly wrong,there's a whole industry geared up to get vocal and emotional about it.

Reply to
John Williamson

He raided the pension funds and caused the present pension fund deficit.

He took billions out of the economy when they rigged the 3G license auctions and caused all the telecoms providers to delay their orders for about 2 years effectively allowing the Chinese to step in with cheap products and close telecoms manufacturing in the UK.

He went to war over dubious claims of WMD and destabilised the middle east a bit more.

What else do you need to know he was labour?

really? Or Wilson?

He snatched the school milk from secondary school pupils He had to get the IMF to intervene in the UK economy as he wrecked it.

Or Churchill, excepting the war?)

He lead the country that won.

Reply to
dennis

No, no, that can't be right. "Maggy Thatcher - milk snatcher!" :)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

That was primary schools.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Since the vast majority of the press is aligned to the tories, then it's the other way around.

Reply to
Mark

True, but we all know who removed it for even younger children.

Reply to
Java Jive

You've not been paying much attention to the demo continngent, then. Left wingers demonstrate, right wingers write letters to the newpapers.

The press, according to my memories, pick on whichever party is in power, no matter who they are. Except the left wing press such as The Daily Worker and The Mirror.

Reply to
John Williamson

Sorry, I forgot to mention the BBC.

Reply to
John Williamson

which planet is this on?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why don't you thonk a smart grid won't help them do this?

Reply to
harry

One without the BBC and Daily Mirror, for a start.

Reply to
John Williamson

So why do we remember chants and protests in the street for the person who finished the job, but not for the person who started it?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Because (a) Snatcher doesn't rhyme with Wilson, and (b) It was mostly Labour supporters doing the chanting.

Reply to
John Williamson

Because people are stupid?

Reply to
Huge

About all they're good at.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Because Thatcher removed it for small children first, in a previous Tory government.

I think.

Reply to
Bob Eager

No, secondary schools lost it first under the Wilson government, then as a Tory minister before she became party leader, Thatcher removed it from primary schools in line with stated government policy.

All this is well documented.

Reply to
John Williamson

Most of the rants are from men, I suspect they feel inadequate when compared to maggie and react in a bad way.

Reply to
dennis