Smallish Power Saw

Can anyone recommend a good, but small (about 120mm diameter would be ideal, but as close as possible) light mains circular saw? I'm fed up of developing upper body strength with my current skillsaw.

I liked the look of the one Norm used to use - Porter-Cable, but it's no longer available in from the USA (a 110V transformer isn't an issue) AFAICS.

I don't really want a battery jobby, it will only be used in the workshop.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Small CSs seem to have gone out of fashion unless they are cordless. Toolstation have a 140mm cheapie though:

John Rumm

This maybe

Reply to
Stuart Noble

One here:

dom

Sorry, that's larger than what you are looking for.

Reply to
dom

Here we are, good but small (120mm). In fact brilliant - I really liked the track system. I tried one at a trade show and was impressed (but couldn't justify the price to buy one myself):

Mafell KSP40F

dom

7740

Got one of these in B&Q a couple of years ago. I think it was about ?40 bundled with a toolbox. Fantastic little saw. Unless I need the depth of cut, I always use this in preference to the big one.

It's not showing up on Skil's UK specific site but it's on the general Skil Europe one --- so it's out there.

HTH.

Reply to
mike

I'm quite happy with my Bosch PKS 46 saw I bought a few years ago. It's not too heavy to handle and seems to do all I ask of it.

YMMV -

Reply to
Frank Erskine