Smallest diameter 15mm straight push-fit pipe connector?

I'm wondering what the smallest diameter 15mm straight push-fit connector is as we have plastic raditor tails sticking up through our new wooden floor that I'd like to replace with chromed ones.

I'd like to get the slimmest possible straight connector (in brass I guess) and push the plastic tails down out of sight through minimally enlarged holes.

I've seen these on the net.

any idea what sort of external diameter these things are?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Technical data here:

Another slimline copper one is Tectite Sprint as sold by Screwfix, non demountable (in theory) though.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Thanks Pete. I see the Conex ones are 25mm. That'll probably do.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

But you can't use chromed pipe with pushfit connectors (unless you laboriously remove the chrome from the end going into the pushfit).

Reply to
John Stumbles

YOu can get chrome effect plastic snap over tails for rads. These just cover the existing pipe and make it look a bit less ugly.

Reply to
John Rumm

Too slippery or too hard to grip? In my ignorance our shower was plumbed that way for the past 10 years (speedfit I think) but being an upstairs flow activated pumped shower, the pressure wouldn't have been that high (cheap showerforce pump) so I guess I may just have got away with it.

I'll experiment with removing the chrome to see if that's possible. Don't like the idea of covers unless it's a complete sleeve, not a "snap-on" one.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

I'd consider putting 1 (or maybe 2) shallow grooves on the pipe with a pipe cutter, for the grab ring to bite into.

Though I'd do a sample test with pipe offcuts, a straight connector, single groove, and lots of brute force!

Tectite make and recommend a special tool for scribing chrome pipe:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C