Smallest (bed)rooms

Oh gawd yes. So cheap too. It's only after we bought and installed one that we discovered the ruinous cost of a barrel of B&Q Upright Water. Be warned.

W.

Reply to
Woodspoiler

ROFL!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

You forgot the MAO bit - go on ...

Reply to
geoff

in

Not in mixed company ... :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher
2245 wide. 2970 long, but a chunk taken out of a corner where a built-in cupboard caps the sloping bit over the stairs, leaving a room 2245 square plus a 730x1200 dogleg where the door and cupboard door go.

In theory you could shoehorn a double bed into it with virtually no space for anything else, not even standing room, but in practice we have a single bed taking up one wall, plus small chair and small bedside table. We give it to guests who we don't want to get too settled in. It would also make a reasonable small home office.

House is 4 beds, built 1976

W.

Reply to
Woodspoiler

"Martin Angove" wrote

2.75m x 1.9m

Victorian terrace C.1890 - 3 beds.

With a single bed in, certainly useful. It's only marginally smaller than my room was in Uni halls.

Is currently my office, with a full length work-bench and bookcases galore....

If I wanted to sell the house with three genuine doubles I could always convert this room to the bathroom and the bathroom into a bedroom (this was the configuration in a previous upstairs flat, exactly same house layout), but then I suspect the gains in value wouldnt amount to a hill of beans, and it wouldn't be that much more expensive to convert the loft & have 4 beds....

cheers Richard

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Do I get a prize? But seriously, thanks for completing the survey, I think you may have skipped one obvious conclusion - you have too much idle curiosity.

Reply to
Toby

Aah, but it's not idle :-) I started this when we were thinking we might be building a house within 18 months or 2 years. I needed some figures for bedrooms (and other areas) in order to calculate "comfortable" sizes for rooms and compare them with "acceptable".

As it happens, the build has been put off to the 3-4 year timeframe, but all this information is neatly filed away (ummm... kind of) and will inform our decisions when the time arrives.

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

Sorry Martin, missed this thread. You may wish to add my contribution: 2460 x 2180 mm, in 4-bed detached house built 1938.

Reply to
Andy Wade