smaller door wanted

The result of moving the staircase means I now have a smaller than normal door space under the stairs The dimensions are H:1800mm x W: 600mm Would really like a panelled door to match the rest of the house so anyone know where I might source such an item? TIA

Reply to
Vass

I ended up using a local carpenter to make my odd sized doors.....

Reply to
cupra

I needed a small matching panel door for and over-cupboard and simply cut down a full sized one. With care you can't see the join !

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

doing this would leave just 20mm from edge to panel and would look orrible much better to find something in proportion to full size doors if at all possible

Reply to
Vass

No I don't mean plane down the edges. I mean saw the door in half and rejoin possibly with bisuits. I admit I was able to remove the panelling, remake the frame and finally cut the panelling to fit but I think it could be done.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Magnet do a 6'6' x 24" pine panel door you should be able to cut this down to 1800mm,they may also do a cheap panel door in the same size as above but not sure.

Reply to
ALex

ah ha, ta muchly

Reply to
Vass

bought, cut, fitted, PERFECT! Many thanks Alex

Reply to
Vass