Small wet/dry (cordless?) vacuum cleaners - DeWalt DC515?

Hi all

I'm looking for a small wet/dry vacuum cleaner and wondered if anyone has experience of these?

The most pressing requirement is to clear up baby vomit from carpets and rugs, so being powerful/efficient enough to pick up goo, and quick to deploy anywhere in the house are the most important features.

I've used a Black & Decker dusbuster type thing in the past, and it's close to useless. Looking around the web I can see that DeWalt do a couple wet/dry units - the DC515K looks like the answer, but is it really powerful enough? Perhaps a corded unit is necessary...?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/experiences

Calum (dad to 11mth old)

Reply to
Calum

Get a small dog and it'll do it automatically.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Scraper, plastic bowl and kitchen roll. Easy to use and far, far easier to clean than a wet 'n dry vacuum. Works with larger quanties of vomit when they are few years older but don't make it to the bathroom...

By scraper I mean something like:

than a decorating striping knife or scraper.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks Dave - yes, these tools have their merits, but some of my rugs are bumpy, so scrapers leave things behind. But will a handheld vacuum have enough suck? That's the question...

Reply to
Calum

My wet or dry unit has a 1200 watt motor and works very well. That's probably OTT for cordless. But it takes longer to clean it out afterwards than to do the task, so I only ever use it in wet mode for things where there are no option, like clearing a gulley. I'd not bother with it if you can get at the spill or whatever easily.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Pressure washer

Reply to
David P

Battery power just doesnt give the required power. Maybe technical advances have made it possible recently, but I've never seen a battery vac thats been much good. Sweepers do work, but you dont want to sweep vomit.

Just use a scraper and kitchen towel. It works on bumpy rugs, just takes several goes. And get washable rugs.

NT

Reply to
NT