Small quantity of matching bricks

Before the central heating was installed, we removed the old gas wall-fires. Inside, I patched with expanding foam (used a bit of hardboard to make sure it didn't span the cavity), which is now nicely decorated. But outside, I just have a bit of mesh nailed over the hole, so I could think about it until the weather got a bit warmer! I need about 8 bricks, that match the colour (orangey-red) and texture (quite rough, intentionally on the exposed face). So, how do I set about finding 8 matching bricks?

Reply to
Stephen Gower

Have a quick look through your local yellow pages for "Building Material Reclamation". If you find one locally, either take a brick or part of one with you; you may have to match both colour and size depending on the age.

Reply to
Martin