Small limit MCBs.

I'm interested in setting up a secondary CU on the output of a UPS, to run assorted loads around the house. (Emergency lighting, network gear, ...) However, I'd like some small MCBs to cut out the various low-limit circuits at some worthwhile point. A 6A MCB is essentially useless, as the UPS will trip off way before then.

0.5A, 1A, 2A might be of use.

A quick search does not reveal sources of these. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Merlin Gerin (Schneider Electric group) do MCBs at least down to 1A:

the Telemecanique GB2 range goes down to 0.5A (provided the tripping characteristic is suitable for you):

should be available from RS Components or Farnell, as well as distributors like Western Electrical and WF Electrical.

Similar ranges are made by companies such as Siemens Automation, Klockner Moeller and Allen Bradley

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I couldn't find these sorts of things at screwfix et al, and diddn't think of my normal electronics suppliers.

Reply to
Ian Stirling