Slowing hot water tap

When I turn on my hot a water tap as the water runs hot so it runs slower, so I have to keep turning it higher. I have a combi boiler, is this normal? If not any ideas on the cure please?

Reply to
Broadback

Do you mean that the flow rate falls all by itself as the water warms up?

If so then yes that is normal - but depends a bit on the type of tap. It is caused by the tap closing mechanism heating up and expanding slightly

- this will force the washer closer to the tap seat in effect turning it off a bit.

(this is distinct from the normal combi boiler problem of the water getting colder as you turn the tap on more)

Reply to
John Rumm

That is exactly what I meant, thanks John.

Reply to
Broadback