slower is faster

Using a jig saw on aluminium sheet, I've found that with the saw on the slowest speed it progresses through the metal faster.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

May be a difference between actually cutting, versus localised melting.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Funny, many years ago, so don't give me elf and safety advice here, I found exactly the same when cutting asbestos sheet with an electric Jig saw drill attachment. A t fast speed it just wore the blade flat.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Memories of metalwork at school, with teacher careful demonstrating how to use a hacksaw.

No pressure, long steady strokes using *all* of the blade. Cut through 1" bar in seconds.

Then demonstration of how everyone *thinks* you do it. Fast hurried stokes only using the middle third of the blade with a downward pressure. Took twice as long.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Hence: "More haste, less speed".

Reply to