Slippery floor

Hi All, I train at a local community hall and after all this rain of recent the floor round the perimeter is very damp and hence very slippery. Its definetly worse on the wall that are only external. Could it be rain actually penetrating the walls, condensation or another. I haven't checked yet but i do suspect there is no dpc under floor or in brickwork, i'm told the walls are 12" thick but it is an old building. What are your thoughts good people of UK diy, cheers Tel

Reply to
Tel

Not a reply, but a request similar to the OP's problem.

Can any one tell me if any types of foot wear are unsuitable for tiled floors? (the question is about all types of tiles) The reason I ask, is that I work at a school and sometimes find the vinyl type of floor is slippy when it is wet. Now is it because I wear unsuitable footwear, or is it the fault of the flooring surface?

Dave

Reply to
Dave