Slip proofing tiles

Hi,

We're looking for floor tiles for our new bathroom, which will be a wet room. We've found tiles that we like, but none of them have a 'non-slip' surface. The guy in Topps Tiles suggested an etching solution that they sell which is supposed to roughen the surface of any tile. Has anyone any experience of this? Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave Nicholls

Any etching of the surface is going to break the smooth surface seal which may cause a hygiene issue with cleaning them - which would contradict the idea of tiles in the first place.

In addition, for vinyl tiles the soft nature of the material would lead to the surface soon becoming smooth under normal use and the heat of the house.

For ceramic tiles, I would say the etch would ruin the glaze and could lead to premature degradation of any surface pattern.

There are specific anti-slip tiles and lino available, so you just have to decide if you like any of those

dg

Reply to
dg