Slip case for 2xAA batteries?

Sony used to sell a 4-pack of AA NiMHs that came in a collapsible "key-chain" holder. It can hold 2 or 4 AA cells. Four in a 2X2 vertical orientation, the top and bottom halves (two 2-cell sleeves) slide into each other so it can also hold just 2. I've since repurposed it for other brands of batteries. Still though, it was worth the purchase just for the handy key-chain container. I use it all the time.

Doing a google image search on: Sony AA NiMH 2500mah

I found some images of it there. Perhaps you can use that to find a supplier. Most report out of stock or unavailable. Maybe you can contact Sony directly and get just a few empty cases from them. Here's an example of what it looks like:

Note that when carrying 4-cells, there's not much friction to hold the two-sleeves together (not much top/bottom holder overlap), so I attached a strong piece of elastic band ("goody" brand hair-tie) to the top and shortened it to match the length of the case. It rests in the indent between the two battery-channels. Effectively locking it closed when 4 cells are inserted.

Reply to
Better Info

In stock, but not so much a bargain ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Too much work. Overkill unless on a rafting trip.

So will a condom. More practical, however, is a single piece of duct or other wide tape, across the positive end. Keeps together, prevents possible discharge, quick to remove.

Reply to
John McWilliams

Not easily reusable.

Reply to
Peter

Think people are missing the OP's original point, which was a way of stopping the batteries scraping the camera.

Reply to
Bob Eager

A piece of bubble wrap, held together with packing tape, would do the job.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Where do you buy them? I've used a "tasche" since I lived in Germany 30 years ago but my last one was falling apart before I managed to replace it.

Reply to
Bob Martin

I'm not familiar with man bags, but I have to ask: is there some reason you couldn't use an ordinary handbag of the sort used by women? They're pretty easy to find in the shops.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Indeed; or damaging it by rattling/shaking against it within the case, so some form of slight wadding/padding would be good. The other element is usability and 'reusability' - ie, I wnat to be able to quickly insert the new batteries when the old ones run out, and then the old ones immediately take the place of the new ones in the case: therefore anything (eg) involving tape, say, wouldn't really cut the mustard.

Don't want a new case either: the current one is perfectly sized for me (fits in a jacket pocket too, whereas the old one - with it's separate zippered battery compartment - did not).

Several possibilities but I think the winner so far is using the cut-off thumb of a heavy-duty rubber glove!

Thanks to all David

Reply to
Lobster

Bit of soft leather (chammy maybe) and needle and thread and make your own little purse bag, even put a drawstring around the top if you want to be adventurous.

Had mine about 10 years now.

Reply to
DavidM