Slimy fungal growth on bath mat

After a few weeks/months a black slimy fungal deposit appears on the underside of the rubberised bath mat.

What is the best way of preventing/removing this?

Reply to
Malcolm H

lift mat and dry before re-using.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Throw the bathmat away.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Buy another bath mat, and use it. Wash the original one. Get into the routine of washing your bath mats when they're dirty, or every fortnight, whichever is the sooner.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The Natural Philosopher typed

Agreed. Fungi need moisture to breed/survive.

I have a proprietary mould & mildew remover spray.

My worst fungus problem is in the washing machine: inside the door seal and the fabric softener dispenser.

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Get a bathmat that doesnt have an impermable underside, so the underside can dry out between uses. And wash it more frequently!

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In article , Malcolm H writes

It's known variously as "Adam", "John", "IMM", "News", "Dr Evil", and its latest incarnation is "Dr Drivel".

A killfile, followed by copious amounts of bleach.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson