Slim 3 pin plug

Our kitchen telly is wall mounted and the mains lead is black which is quite obtrusive running down the wall. I want to change it for a white lead, IEC 3-pin at one end and a standard 3-pin mains plug at the other. However, the mains wall plug goes into a wall socket which is behind a freestanding cupboard so the plug needs to be as "slim" as possible. Does anybody know a make or source for a "slim" 3-pin plug, or a complete mains lead with moulded plugs. I've looked at Maplin and other sites but it's difficult to determine the thickness of the mains plugs.

TIA Pete

Reply to
petek

As a thought...maybe a little over the top, but if you can't get such a plug and the socket is only used for the TV why not replace the socket with one of those that the appliance is wired directly into the socket - we had one for a Ventaxia fax once, they have an on/off switch and fused.

Ron

Reply to
Ron O'Brien

Change the socket to SFCU (Switched Fused Connection Unit) with bottom cord outlet?

Reply to
js.b1

powerbreaker make some quite slim ones, I'd say about 15mm protrudes when inserted, I can measure one of it's that critical ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

If the handle of this could fold to the side, then you would be sorted.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

I only ever saw one, and it wasnt a lot thinner. Think you need another tack.

NT

Reply to
NT

I only ever saw one, and it wasnt a lot thinner. Think you need another tack.

NT

The thinnest I have is one of these - about 17mm

John

it down to 10mm or so.

NT

Reply to
NT

Reply to
Andy Burns

This looks absolutely ideal, thanks. Unfortunately I am struggling to find a retail source. Tried googling "powerbreaker" and "powercord" but without much success. Any ideas?

Pete

Reply to
petek

PowerBreaker now seems to be a trading style of greenbrook

can't see the slim plugs though ...

Andy Burns

plug was discontinued 3 yrs ago. Pity, it looked like a great idea and would have suited my needs exactly. So, it's back to trawling the net unless someone has some other idea. Thanks anyway for the help. Pete

Reply to
petek

Could you replace the socket with something a bit thinner, say a flat metal faced one? This might give you a bit more room for the plug.

Reply to
Frank Erskine