Slightly warped door

Hi all,

We've renovated an old door that used to sit at the top of the stairs. It's a half-glazed pine door which is currently unglazed - we've re- hung it so that it swings the other way. It's a bit warped; not sure when or how that happened. It's not by much - when closed the top corner furthest from the hinges is warped about 15mm out from the frame; all the hinge-side stile (? not sure I've got hte terminology right) is flush to the frame and the bottom rail appears straight; both the top rail and the other stile appear to curve gently.

I'd like to keep this door if at all possible - it's precisely the right size (and I think the frame is pretty non-standard). Can it be fixed?

Cheers - Adam...

Reply to
Adam

Use some light glue to stick a block of wood on the corner that's too far in so that when you close the door on the latch it pushes that corner out. After a few months the door should have counter- warped such that after removing the block it will be aligned with the frame.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston