(Slightly) unusual kitchen sink "geometry" needed

Due to a B*lls up on my part, my wondrous new kitchen double-glazing only partly opens because my mixer tap impedes it. The sink is a conventional stell single bowl, single drainer with "mono-blok" tap (I don't know what it is really called). Now I'm happy enough with the tap and sink, but I know that window non-opening is going to drive me nuts.
So ..... bright idea.
I need to replace the worksurface, and stainles steel sinks are not too expensive. Does anyone know of a sink model where the tap fitting is in the "corner" of the sink bowl rather than "between" the bowl and drainer. In this way I can get the pipe out of the way of the window opening (well pretty much). Unfortunately the mono-bloc tap will have to go as one of the tap heads will be in the wrong place to easily use. So I would replace trusty "mono-bloc" tap with one of these ponsey all-in-one heat/flow controller lever operated taps. Is there any "pre-formed" sink remotely like this?
The only other solution I thought of is a corion work surface with "under-sinks" and the taps "recessed" into the worksurface - but that would look too "now" for my rather "then" kitchen.
Other bright ideas or warnings?
Thanks
Clive
On 24 Nov 2003 14:21:19 -0800, clive snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Clive Long,UK) wrote:

Have a look at Franke - www.franke.co.uk
They have a wide range of sinks and taps in a range of prices.

You don't want Corian unless you plan to turn your kitchen into a fast food outlet.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Franke looks like they manufacture a couple of models very close to what I am looking for. The ARX-621 and 661, if you are interested. Only thing is, the guy in North London who supplies sounds very suspicious on the phone .....
Finally
I bought the Franke ARX- 661 from my trusty plumber's merchant, Empress Supplies, Finchley. They will get anything plumbing related if it is possible to get. 4 days delivery for the sink. Now just have to fix it .....
clive snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Clive Long,UK) writes:

Have you unpacked it yet? I went through 3 or 4 of these in "LEFT HAND" packaging that were actually "RIGHT HAND" sinks.
If there is enough space at the corner of the existing sink why not fit the new ponsey tap there, all you need is a 35mm hole. Ikea sell the punch for about 10.
Then buy a blank to cover the old 35mm hole.
Total cost less than a new sink & all the work involved.
--
regards
Dave Batter

IIRC both MFI and John Lewis supply Franke sinks
Why not have the windows opening out like most other people do?

Because if you live in a flat several floors up, it makes them harder to clean