Slightly OT... What do you listen to?

I'm about to convert the downstars pantry in my Victorian gaff into a shower room. No current external ventilation, so 10 min stints whilst hacking lime & horsehair off the walls with 4lb lumpy, followed by copious scratching-of-the-head "whats this ringmain doing here???" etc etc etc.
Current favourite music is Boston 1st album. What do you listen to? Do you find your appreci\tion of a room changes with the music you listen to while decorating?
Only reason I ask is I was decorating the main bedroom over crimbo and had the telly on... a documentary about the Sex Pistols has totally screwed with the decor, but just in this room, goddamit! ;ppppp
--
Jet
(Job: PVA ing walls in spare room. Music: Manic Street Preachers)

LOL !!! The music does have a lot to do with the temperament of the rooms decor'.
I find when listening to classical music while painting, I do have a tendency to do a lot of arm waving while spreading paint and conducting the orchestra at the same time. :-))

15 minutes of adverts, time to get a bit done. 4 minutes of wonderful music, just time for a breather and a bit of inspiration! Otherwise Clapton, IMHO the greatest living musician. Not recommended whilst plastering. Nic.

R2 or 4 at a push... music distracts while on scaffolding :-)
Hello Jet

Bathroom refit: R4 if good. R2 if not. R1 occasionally. Local music radio also.
The problem is that all stations go crap from time to time depending on the program or DJ. Steve Wright on R2 afternoons is best, though. :)
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:01:15 GMT, "Jet"

Aye, I have moments like that when some Death Metal comes on my MP3 player :)
Away from the poor-man's sky box downstairs that lets me listen to 6 Music I use my own compilation MP3 discs which range from 70s glam (Mud, Sweet etc) thru oddities like Half Man Half Biscuit to extreme grindcore like Brutal Truth/Extreme Noise Terror etc which makes the Missus leave the room pronto if she's about!
1-3pm Scrawn & Lard on R1, then Wrighty and Stuart Maconie on R2. If I've got the radio on in the mornings it's Ken Bruce.
-- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs