Slightly ot - New Zealand

Bloody hell, Tim! Have you ever been to NZ before? Somehow I don't think so. I was born and raised there. Believe me, there's NOTHING you can't get/buy in NZ. Don't waste your time carting stuff over there other than those personal possessions which are close to your heart. With your strong UK pounds in your wallet, you'll be absolutely amazed at the value you will get. The only negative to staying there for a long period is that salaries/wages there are low, . . . so once you have had a spree with your UK savings, living it up and enjoying the most incredibly high standard of living, you could start to find things a bit difficult . . . unless of course you are going to be earning unusually high pay. But even NZ's doctors are quitting the country for elsewhere!

And, hey, man, you're going for an experience, aren't you? So buy yourself a NZ-made washing-machine, a NZ-made toaster, kettle, coffee-machine, and so forth . . . and while you're at it treat yourself to a brand new Australian-made car! (Mind you NZ's showrooms are full of excellent-quality reasonably-priced second-hand Japanese cars that consumerist aspiring Japanese no longer want!)

So let go, abandon yourself. And most of all, remember that NZ is a different culture . . . you won't be wanting exactly the same things you want when you're part of Blighty! If you do, then might as well stay here!

Eddy.

Reply to
Eddy

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:34:37 GMT, Eddy head down on the keyboard, banged out this message:

.. xx .. xxBloody hell, Tim! Have you ever been to NZ before? Somehow I don't .. xxthink so. I was born and raised there. Believe me, there's NOTHING .. xxyou can't get/buy in NZ. Don't waste your time carting stuff over there .. xxother than those personal possessions which are close to your heart. .. snipped

We went to NZ a couple of times in the 90's and we were asked by our friends out there to bring lots of Marmite. I think they could only get Vegemite then. Sorted now, I believe.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

No I haven't. I was just making the point that if you've got spare capacity to take stuff over, it's a good idea to research what they *don't* have there. Kettles were just an example that I know are missing in some other countries.

Jolly good then. How about front loader washing machines?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie