Sliding mitre saw, screwfix clearance

Yup, perhaps I should clarify. If going the eBay route, try and get something top end and shed prices rather than a shed special cheap.

Reply to
John Rumm

I bought a recondition PP for £15. It works fine except for the built in dust extraction (it needs a vac attached). The guides are about 35 mm steel bars and don't flex much at all. It weighs a ton though.

The one area its a bit dodgy is the depth stop, its too close to the pivot so one turn on the screw is a big change. Not much use if you want to cut overlap joints in different thicknesses as it takes a bit too long to get right. I use a router for these anyway (even more mess flying around then).

Reply to
dennis