Sliding door for greenhouse

Hi Folks,
I'm building a greenhouse and am trying to figure out how to create a sliding door. A door opening outwards would be very awkward, in the way.
Is there some way I can adapt an existing door and plug something into the bottom to enable the door to slide back 'n forth.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.
On 07/02/2004 simon opined:-

I was trying to do something similar and was unable to find anything useful in the shops. What I did was fit some angle iron as a runner along the opening, like an L and used some short off cuts of the angle iron fixed onto the doors with brackets as an inverted V.
It required a little welding to make it up, but it supports a double heavy pair of doors, all the weight of the doors being taken by the angle iron. A small amount of grease and they slide quite well, with a simple guide along the floor to keep them in place.
Email me and I will send you jpg's of the job.
--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)

Sick prevert.
--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874

He makes me sick.

No stomach eh?
--
Inside information? Never

Try Aunt Bessies foods, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yummy
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:05:39 GMT, Reverend Peter Parsnip wrote:

I bet he was sick after the job.
--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at /