Sliding door for greenhouse

Hi Folks,

I'm building a greenhouse and am trying to figure out how to create a sliding door. A door opening outwards would be very awkward, in the way.

Is there some way I can adapt an existing door and plug something into the bottom to enable the door to slide back 'n forth.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
simon

On 07/02/2004 simon opined:-

I was trying to do something similar and was unable to find anything useful in the shops. What I did was fit some angle iron as a runner along the opening, like an L and used some short off cuts of the angle iron fixed onto the doors with brackets as an inverted V.

It required a little welding to make it up, but it supports a double heavy pair of doors, all the weight of the doors being taken by the angle iron. A small amount of grease and they slide quite well, with a simple guide along the floor to keep them in place.

Email me and I will send you jpg's of the job.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Harry Bloomfield, and I thusly replied:

Sick prevert.

Reply to
Reverend {Parson} Peter Parsni

He makes me sick.