Sliding door for bathroom

Hi - I am planning on replacing a very sad and bedraggled hollow core bathroom door with a sliding door.

Lots of places sell retrofit kits for a sliding door, but few seem to sell an entire kit, door included. Two problems seem to present themselves:

Should I get a door that is wider than the opening, so that there is some overlap with the wall when it is closed?

How does one lock a sliding door easily...

ince I need a new door anyway, it would be nice if somewhere like B&Q sold an entire set with a nice, basic, flush plain door, but they don't seem to :-(

Cheers,

Ben

Reply to
Ben

That's because there are too many variables...Door type, size, construction etc.

So, buy door slightly wider. Buy kit Fix to door Hang where required. Locks? A simple sliding bolt on the edge of the back end of the door into a hole would do

Or a hook and loop idea .

Reply to
Stuart B

Thanks for that - that was what I thought I would have to do, I just didn't want to reinvent the wheel if there was a solution sitting on the shelves already. I can't imagine it will be terribly taxing :-)

Cheers,

Ben

Reply to
Ben