Sleeving pipe

What can one use as a sleeve for 22mm Copper pipe? That's 22mm OD. It should be plastic, but I don't see anything of nearby size.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com scribbled

Have you tried knitting one.

Reply to
Jonno

This any good?

ss

If it is to sleeve a section passing through a wall then 32mm waste pipe will do. I have seen Climaflex type insulation used, downside it requires a large hole but offers an air tight seal around the pipe.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

ISTR that I have used 22 mm "speedfix" pipe, also some of the flexible electrical conduit is a similar size.

Reply to
newshound

should be plastic, but I don't see anything of nearby size.

trouble is it only goes part way round

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

How about:

FloPlast PEX Pipe 28mm

Or, possibly a bit too wide:

Solvent Weld Waste Pipe 32mm

Reply to
polygonum

32mm waste was the next size up I could find. But it's huge, it would require a very oversize hole in a tight space, and the space between the 2 pipes would need packing with I don't know what. 21.5mm couplers are very close. But, you guessed it... 0.5mm too tight! I wonder if I could get a 22.5mm drill bit.

Turns out I can, 23mm for a fiver off amazon. Maybe I'll take that option if I can't find the right pipe.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr
25mm PVC conduit might take 22mm pipe and you should be able to get a 25mm diam. drill easy enough.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

DOH I meant I have used 22 mm plastic water pipe for 15 mm copper. I think I have some plastic conduit which is slightly smaller than 32 mm waste and which does take 22 mm copper. Sorry.

Reply to
newshound

I'll check that out, thank you. I'm not confident the wall will be thin enough but maybe it will

yes... is it wise to go for such a close fit?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I was thinking that would be a bit tight :)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Looking at the 25mm electrical conduit (white plastic) that has the aerial cables in, it looks about 1mm wall thickness and so 23mm ID.

On the pipe, doesn't matter; for the drill I'd want at least 26mm+sodslaw extra.

Reply to
PeterC

28mm copper is the normal option when say taking a gas pipe through a wall.
Reply to
John Rumm

thanks for the suggestions, will check it out when I go there next.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr