Slate bodge

A roof I can see from my house looks like it's been tar felted over the slates. It was like that when I first saw it, and I've never seen anyone needing to do any further maintainance in the 25+ years since. Doesn't look very nice though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Its not my problem. It would be good to help, but I dont see any easy way f orward.

Its not dangerous.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Seems to have been a major one in New York city:-

Why when this sort of thing happens is there usually someone after the fact who has been 'smelling gas for weeks' but not reporting it ...

Reply to
docholliday93

Why is it that there are so many gas leaks I get sick of reporting them? It ends up feeling as if no-one else bothers.

A few weeks ago as I left a car park in the middle of a busy town, I noticed a very strong smell of gas and reported it. About four weeks earlier at the same place there had been a slight "is that gas or a funny smelling exhaust" smell. The gas people came and sorted it straightaway - which confirmed my report. Had anyone else reported it I'd have expected it to be have been already investigated and fixed.

Reply to
polygonum

Has he got the money? My wife's aunt went to her grave with over three quarters of a million in savings and lived in a hovel. She could have lived a much more comfort life if she had been encouraged to spend more and save less.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'm using these: Ubbink Sim-Fix Refurbishment Slate Strap

george - dicegeorge

Keep up at the back I mentioned those days ago. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No need, just glue em in with squirty expanding foam.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike