Sky digi-sender to a PC?

Sorry if this is the wrong group for this one....
Having recently acquired a new graphics card for my PC, with the facility to watch TV from my office (whoo whoo), I was wondering whether I can extend this and actually get the Sky fed to it as well, without cabling it across the house. At the moment, I'm using a portable TV aerial and getting terrestrial only.
I'm aware of the digi sender thingies you can get that will allow you to send the Sky to a remote TV, and was wondering whether its possible to send it to a TV monitor instead, and whether any one here had any success in doing it? If so, what particular kit did you use?
Thanks
Brian

I'd be interested to know this too. From what I've read about one of those senders, it works using a scart feed from the remote box to the remote telly. No good for me, my remote telly has no scart socket, only coax aerial feed (so I still have coax trailing through the flat). Be very interested to know if there's one that uses coax at the remote and hopefully also the local end!
Other than needing a coax feed to the PC Card, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work to do what you want, Brian. Just tune the card into the digibox channel being transmitted up the coax to the card!
Velvet

http://www.habitek.co.uk/Habitek2001EC/itm00251.htm
http://www.digisender.net/_Europes_No1_Video_Sender_Company.html
http://www.blackboxvideo.com/video_sender.htm
And there's loads more. A search for Video Sender on the web hits loads.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:05:38 GMT, "BigWallop"

Sure, I'm aware of what kit is available, but what I'm asking for whether anyone here has actually done it, and if so, what kit did *they* use.
Brian
n> I'd be interested to know this too. From what I've read about one of those n> senders, it works using a scart feed from the remote box to the remote n> telly. No good for me, my remote telly has no scart socket, only coax n> aerial feed (so I still have coax trailing through the flat). Be very n> interested to know if there's one that uses coax at the remote and hopefully n> also the local end! Depends what you mean. You can get simple adapters to go from scart to composite video inputs as you might have on a computer, but to go to an aerial connection you need a modulator which will essentially pretend to be a TV transmitter.
I'm sure Maplin sell them, though you may be able to get them cheaper elsewhere.
I have a sender reciever pair running from my telewest box to the other end of the flat where it connects (through a Heath Robinson arangement of adapters I happened to have) to a USB tv/video adapter plugged into my Windows machine. Works reasonably, but interference on the sound is noticable. If I care about what I have on I listen through wireless headphones.
--
Mail me as snipped-for-privacy@MYLASTNAME.org.uk _O_
|<

Yes it can work and that will depend on the path that the 2.4 Ghz takes as to the piccy quality.
However if you're using 2.4 Ghz wireless LAN's etc then you may well have problems. Bear in mind that your neighbour/s could be using the same channels though...
--
Tony Sayer

It's just a bit of co-ax with a normal aerial connector, it works no problem with it.
Jim.