Skip Hire

Following on from my UPVC garage window question anybody know the rough costing for hiring a mini skip (in Leeds). I have tried calling a few but they all seem to be shut for the holidays and I would like an idea ASAP.

TIA

John

Reply to
John
Rooster Booster

80-200 quid depending on size and local taxes on getting rid of trash.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"John" snipped-for-privacy@idontlikespam.co.uk> wrote in news:c593u4$lt9$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com:

I'm skipping as high as I can

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

I know the owner of a small mini skip company, and am paying £50 cash for 4cuyd as long as it remains earth or hardcore, runs out of new addington but lives in NW Kent, so Bromley shouldn't be a problem. If you want i could find out a price he charges regularly.

Reply to
David Hemmings

Anyone tried the 'skip alternatives' so much advertised now?

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Nope I've just bought a car to goto the tip in instead. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Yep I did use the alternative one about 6 months ago - had some conifers that were too big for the car. The alternative was a truck and a guy who gave me an estimate of £50 to remove 3 big conifer trees, some bricks, a washing machine (very heavy) and some other bits and bobs. A skip hire would have costed me around £90+ VAT; the alternative was much cheaper. And no hassle to cut the trees in smaller pieces for the skip, or even look for strong people to carry the washing machine - the guys did the whole lot.

Reply to
simulet

And presumably dumped the lot in a field somewhere?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Hmmm, hopefully not. They did not look like your everyday cowboys, the company was properly listed at the Companies House and they had all the equipment for loading and unloading garbage. But good point - next time I will check if they have a license for disposal of commercial disposal of garbage (I believe they cannot use the local tip).

Simulet

Reply to
simulet

They often can use the local tip, but would have to pay.

They could well have been legit, as it seems that little of what you dumped would necessarily have attracted any disposal taxes, being mostly tree and hardcore. Indeed, the bricks might even have resale value.

If it worries you, they should provide a waste transfer docket that is supposed to provide a paper trail that could come back to haunt them. If they blanche at the prospect of providing one, then they're probably dumping in a farmer's field!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

When I've had 'haul away' rubbish clearance I've used a chap who shows me his receipt for dumping at the local council tip, where he is charged quite a wad - £45 a ton I think

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson