Sjoberg Workbench website

I'm posting this just in case anyone else is looking for the Sjoberg (workbenches) website. I found it - it's very well hidden!

are imported into the UK by BriMarc.

RzB

It's a good product too. I have one of their 1800mm benches. Very solid and well made.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Andy, Do you have the version with beech or pine legs. I have seen some reviews that indicate the pine version is not so good. Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Mine's the 1800 BS which came with beech legs. I didn't know they did a pine version.

At any rate the leg frame comes flat packed with the ends already assembled. The rails then locate into them with pegs and very sturdy bolt fixings. The top then drops onto that, locating into slots. There are then fixings to prevent it sliding along.

I got mine in a promotion that Sjobergs were doing last year at the Axminster tool show. Two of the bench vices (ST82) were included - certainly worth getting - and there was a choice of one of the toolbox drawers included as well. I originally planned to make some storage drawers myself , but needed somewhere for some hand tools quite quickly so bought two more drawer boxes as well. These are also quite well made - beech fronts and cabinets and drawers in a lighter wood (not pine but I am not sure what).