Size of a brick?

Wpuld some please tell the the dimesions of a standard UK house brick?

Also how thick is the cement?

Thanks half_pint

Reply to
half_pint

According to the Butterley info one of their bricks is 215 x 102.5 x 65mm in size and the weight is about 1.9kg. Mortar is usually 10mm. From memory I think you get 50 bricks to the square metre when taking into account the mortar.

Ash

Reply to
Ash

In message , Ash writes

OP doesn't say why they want the info, but note that older bricks -say upto about 1970? were larger - length was nearer 9 inches. You can still egt some bricks in these sizes.

Reply to
chris French

215 x 102.5 x 65mm

Mortar - 10mm

If you add 10mm to the brick size you get the modular size of 225 x

75 x 112.5 - or 9 x 3 x 4 1/2" in old money (approx).

Note that old bricks are often not a standard size.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Thanks I was just tying to make out the size of a dividing wall, it is a brick and a half brick ('thin' way) on the out side so that is 290 total including cement.

There is also a 70mm indent on the inside which leaves 150mm thickness, which is one brieze block + plaster I believe?

Anyone know the dimensions of a brieze block also?

Basically I am asking regarding noise insulation.

Reply to
half_pint

varies according to what bond you use.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

On 03 Sep 2004, half_pint wrote

Traditionally, 9" by 4.5"; presumably now to the rounded metric equivalent.

Extremely: it won't understand a thing you tell it. :)

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle