Siting Radiator

A very simple question: Is it ok to site a radiator beneath a combi boiler? The boiler will be in the bathroom. Can't think of any reason why not. Can anyone else? Cheers

Reply to
p.lavers

Why not install a quality heated towel rail instead?

Reply to
One and Only

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 08:18:44 +0100, One and Only wrote (in article ):

Is there such a thing?

I've been trying to find one for weeks that isn't either white or chrome.

I'm looking for one with a stainless steel/pewter type of finish. Can I find one? Nope.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:37:23 +0100, Andy Hall had this to say:

Myson will do bespoke ones, so presumably you can bespeak the finish.

mailto: snipped-for-privacy@myson.co.uk

Reply to
Frank Erskine

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 17:59:12 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote (in article ):

Thanks for that, Frank.

They have quite a good standard range of shapes and sizes, so that aspect seems OK - I can probably find a suitable product.

I notice that they do a brushed nickel finish. That might well be suitable as long as it's not too bright.

I think I'll call them on Monday and see if I can get a sample of metal finished in this colour.

I'm not expecting a low price for this rail - very likely it will be £200-300+ even for a small one. I looked at their designer range for a radiator for my conservatory. There is quite a nice cast one with a wooden seat on the top. Only trouble is that it's price is north of £2k and I didn't want to pay that much.

thanks again

Reply to
Andy Hall

TLC do stainless steel ones - at good prices too.

Reply to
boltmail

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 04:14:17 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@mailbolt.com wrote (in article ):

Thanks for the pointer. Yes, the prices are quite keen as you say.

I hadn't realised that they were quite so polished an appearance, though. It's that that I'm trying to avoid. I thought that stainless steel would (I suppose it would if unpolished).

Will have to keep looking.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

TLC sell stainless steel ones. Dunno if they're mirror or satin finish, though. But as all stainless will end up satin eventually...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Would gas barrel look quite nice if burnished up?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:38:29 +0100, Owain wrote (in article ):

Gas barrel?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Make your own towel rail out of gas barrel?

Sorry, it didn't seem like /such/ a daft suggestion.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I don't know how much it cost to get one bead-blasted, but maybe that would be an option?

Reply to
boltmail

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:20:36 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@mailbolt.com wrote (in article ):

Good point. I do wonder about plated finishes which would be the case with mild steel products.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:14:15 +0100, Owain wrote (in article ):

Sorry, Owain, it wasn't that I didn't think it was a good idea. It was that I don't know what gas barrel is.....

Please could you elucidate.....

thx

/andy

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

Heavy iron pipe.

Reply to
Guy King

Beg pardon, I meant the heavy steel screwed pipe used for outside above-ground gas work. It's also used for some theatre lighting bars.

If you wanted something bigger something like "Kee Klamp" handrail pipe might work ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Iron pipe - rather like electrical conduit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)