sink waste connect to bath waste?

Any reason why I can't connect my wash basin waste to the Bath waste before it goes out through the wall?

Reply to
Vass

If you're not worried about the basin water coming up through the bath plughole, and not concerned about going against Building Regulations and all good advice, then no.

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Do you mean 'can you connect both wastes to the same waste pipe' before it goes out through the wall, or connect one directly to the other?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

In message , Peter Taylor writes

Never happened on ours, seems pretty unlikely.

Is it against building regs?

Our old house had the wastes combined. You may find that you get get gurgling from the other was, this can be sorted with an air admittance trap.

Reply to
chris French

yes connect both to the pipe that goes out the wall into the hopper outside

Reply to
Vass

Thats how mine is and I've never had any problems - I assume its standard practice.

Dave

Reply to
david lang