sink revival / restoration

I am the lucky owner of a Franke Stainless sink, the sink has been quite badly scratched in places by the previous owner - it looks like something like a blunt kitchen knife has been used to scrape it. I have used a S/S cleaner (mild cutting paste by the look and feel of it) and it has made a nice job of the good parts of the sink but the deeper scratches just wont shift, it is bearable but i would prefer to remove them if its possible. Is there a product that I can use that will buff out the scratches without causing extra damage? I was thinking of a more aggressive cutting paste? Does anyone have any ideas / links to wonder products etc???

TIA

Reply to
GMC

Possibly treat it like car paintwork - progressively finer wet and dry then cutting compound then polish.

No guarantee that this will be quick, easy, or result in a mirror finish.

What is that caveat? "Try on an inconspicuous are first"?

If the scratches are deep then you might have to remove a lot of metal to get the surface down to that level, so accepting it might be an option.

HTH

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

The sheds sell a product made by 3M (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Co.) that is called Scotch Bright. Buy the one that is used for metal and try that. Otherwise, it will be back to wet and dry car abrasives.

Dave

Reply to
Dave