Sink pop-up plug?

Just fixed up a bathroom sink with a popup plug. (Pull/push a rod behind the tap)

Never seen such a crap thing in my life. The actuating rod that lifts the plug has to be forced into the base of the sink and will probably last about three weeks. It's so stiff to operate as well.

Are these things worth bothering with?

I followed the instructions exaclly. (What there were of them)

Reply to
EricP

You won't find anything else in some European countries.

They must be capabable of being made robust.

tim

Reply to
tim

Thought the on I fitted was ok, bit of a faff due to the rods not fitting the space and having to cut them down but now it's fitted it works fine.

THe pop up on my mum's sink now that is crap, turn a dial type and it never worked right to start with...

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

I suspect you've not centred the tap in the hole in the sink, so the rod is rubbing on the edge of the hole.

We have them throughout. They're fine.

Reply to
Huge

Fixed it. Made a loop for the actuator rod to go through from a baked bean tin so the rod is dead centre and it is fine now.

Cheers all :))

Reply to
EricP

I have been using a 'plug' in the bathroom basin and bath for the last

15 years that I've never seen elsewhere since?

They are a thick chrome disk that is trapped in the plughole and rotates / flips to open / close the hole?

Never had any problem with them but the only thing you have to remember is to open the plug before you dry yer hands ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m