Sink clips

Can anyone tell me where I can buy sink clips? I want to fit a cheap second hand kitchen sink and of course the clips are long gone. Googling drowns me in sink adverts and Screwfix don't sell them

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Have you thought about using silicon to stick it in place?

Reply to
legin

B+Q have them in sets of six.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Telfer

Googling

Turn sink over. Pipe silicone sealer round the lip. Put sink in place, fill with water (and possibly other weights on draining board) to hold in place until set. Who needs clips

Had to do this twice in rented flats where the tenants had been less than caring.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

When you come up with dodgy cheap ideas like that I'm not at all suprised.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Duh! Try a plumbers merchant

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

B & Q do them so do Wickes and You should be able to get them from Travis perkins or a plumbers supplies

get of your stool and go to the high street Merry Christmas

Steve

The wild eye

Do you happen to have a stock code?

I asked a number of times in my local B&Qs (all warehouses) and kept being told they only come with the sinks. Of course I took what they said with a pinch of salt however I couldn't find any myself either...

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

nevver found they worked anyway.

I usually open up the slots and whack some posidrives into the worktop sideways.

Another good trick is to lay a bead of 'plastic padding' or 'liquid metal'; down on the worktop aroiund the rim of the cutout, and shove the sink down onto that, weighting with handy ex-charity shop bibles and the like.

Wipe off any ooze with turps or similar, wait five minutes, and you have a truly intergrated worktop/sink assembly.

Remove bibles before use.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All solutions noted!

There's me working flat out in a freezing garret [cue violins] trying to get my job finished by Xmas no time to go shopping :) Is tru tho I didn't think of plumbers merchants - hopefully they will still be open on Friday or if not then B&Q will be

Never used plastic padding or liquid metal so I'll find some in B&Q and read the instructions. Bibles being a suitably festive feature of the task

Roll on happy plumbing Xmas day Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

You have obviously never used proper silicon adhesive then :-)

Ever wondered what holds a fish tank together?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Absolutely ! I actually think it is better than the clips and foam inserts supplied with the sinks, and certainly has proved sound over several years where previously agressive 'pumping' to clear a blocked waste by the tenants had shaken it loose. If they didn't pour hot fat down the sink they wouldn't have had the problem in the first place. But perhaps "The3rd Earl Of Derby " hasn't actually 'been there and done that' !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Halfords Anna. Its car body repair stuff.

May have it in B & Q. You will love it. You can cast all sorts of stuff in it if you make a plastic mould.

Most old cars used to be held together with it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I agree that silicone is teh bees bollocks.

BUT it can be 'shaken loose' hence plastic padding etc.

Ive crashed cars with that in situ, and the metal gives way before the repair :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Now called something like "repair metal for good" with a little plastic padding logo. Certainly sold in my local B+Q (Warehouse).

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges