single story extension to bungalow

..they were all one extension, but went at right angles to each

This is excellent - I wanted an l shaped extension anyway! does there have to be a gap in the building process between stages 1 and 2? if so, how long?

Philip

Reply to
Philip.Cosson

no gaps, wrap around extensions are the norm these days with semi-d's, usually a porch at the front, garage at the side and kitchen or bathroom at the back, sometimes double storey, although not usually on a bungalow :-p

Reply to
Phil L

How does that work for the BCO? do you have to submit two applications? with two sets of plans?

Philip

Reply to
Philipj.cosson

OK - offer accepted and sold ours!

Looks like these musings are now to be put into practice. I think i'm going for getting the groundworks done and then getting a main contractor in after that...

Seeing a plans man on Saturday...

Biggest worry is sourcing a contractor that does extenal wall insulation - have phones several - they all say the job is too small...

Philip

Reply to
Philipj.cosson

No, one plan, one extension, one application, three sides.

Reply to
Phil L

I'm still on with this purchase!

The bungalow has been turned down for one mortgage flat (Northern Rock) and the other mortgage company has offered us a mortgage with a

100% retention, wanting some reports.

Well the reports are back in, all favourable except the structutral surveyors. He says there are signs of movement, which are ongoing, as they appear in recently painted surfaces. He has concerns about the way the roof is held on the top of the wall, the weight of the roof (concrete tiles are not original), the thicknessess of the wall (single block ?150mm) and the depth of the foundation, which he suspects is not the same all the way arround the plot.

His suggestion is to knock it down and use the plot to build a house, but we don't want to do that coz' we like getting involved in the renovation and we will be living on site.

I have two questions for the group

a) anyone know of a mortgage company that would take this one on? (We need 4x income for the building and the work needed - the eco compnay mentioned before was only 3x)

b) anyone know how much underpinning costs?

Phil

Reply to
Philipj.cosson

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com writes

I'd recommend a new thread, there are few newsreaders that will make sense when presented with a thread covering such a long period.

Reply to
fred

It's appeared as a new thread...I suspect most newsreaders will occasionally delete old posts, this means that any follow ups to them will appear as new threads, beginning with Re:

Reply to
Phil L

If they haven't expired then it may appear in a bunch of dead threads at the bottom of the pile, so pretty much lost.

If it does appear as a new thread with some spaces for expired articles and you then you re-request the whole thread, it may be re-indexed by the date of the seed article, relegating it to a bunch of dead threads at the bottom of the pile and lost.

I know it worked for you but it's not necessarily going to work for everybody.

Reply to
fred