Single Room Heat recovery units

Has anybody experience of single room heat recovery units such as the Kair KHRV150 or the ventaxia HR25, do they work or is a simple humidistate controlled fan just as good to get rid of condensation problems? Thanks

Reply to
comp.zrch.embedded

A fan is as effective at drying, but loses several times as much heat.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

I've fitted a Kair - bit of a performance. According to the customer it worked much better than the humidistat fan it replaced (in a bathroom) in preventing condensation and mould. They idle at a low, almost silent, rate, and boost under control of the separate control unit. Probably the biz if you can afford it.

You need to buy the special screwdriver attachment to install them (the Kair models)

Reply to
YAPH

those who choose

spurn the Jews

Thanks, will give it a go, I think they are the units used by cacoon air. Am trying to decide whether to install myself or let them do it

Reply to
comp.zrch.embedded

There is normally a routine cleaning requirement for the heat exchanger matrix. Once per year?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It?s probably worth working out the running costs. I seem to remember that the VentAxia was particularly economical, but I don?t know about the Kair.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn