single impeller 15mm pump

Hi all.
I have a problem with a water tap which has very little head from the indirect water tank. It only trickles when turned on.
I would like to install a single impellor automatic pump (possibly a shower pump) to assist the flow when the tap is turned on.
Does anyone know where I could get one of these? I have tried Screwfix, B&Q and my local plumbing suppliers. they all only sell twin impeller shower pumps.
appreciate any help....
H.
--
Howard Coakley
e-mail... howard<dot}coakleyatcoakley<dot].codotuk
Howie wrote:

Use a twin impeller with the impellers in parallel? More flow.
--
Grunff

|Howie wrote: | |> I have a problem with a water tap which has very little head from |> the indirect water tank. It only trickles when turned on. |> |> I would like to install a single impellor automatic pump |> (possibly a shower pump) to assist the flow when the tap is |> turned on. |> |> Does anyone know where I could get one of these? I have tried |> Screwfix, B&Q and my local plumbing suppliers. they all only sell |> twin impeller shower pumps. |> |> appreciate any help.... | |Use a twin impeller with the impellers in parallel? More flow.
Hmm, I see. Interesting idea, - but then I would end up with a 2/3 bar pressure flow for a kitchen tap. It's only to fill a bowl of water for washing-up twice a day! Overkill? ;-)
--
Howard Coakley
e-mail... howard<dot}coakleyatcoakley<dot].codotuk
Howie wrote:

I don't think you'd end up with twice the pressure - just twice the flow rate. A bit like having a bigger impeller running at the same speed.
--
Grunff

Use it on the hot and cold pipes and have all the house on pressurised water. A win , win situation.
For a 15mm pump see http://www.heatweb.com and scroll down to the Grundfos booster pump.