Singer Sewing Machine Company

Late to the thread I know, but back in the 1960's my father obtained the slate from a billiard table that had been damaged. The old treadle sewing machines were being abandoned everywhere and he got some from a local lane where they had been fly tipped. Threw the machines away and used the stands fitted with tops made from the slate to make some garden tables. Kept one and sold the others. They are still giving good service.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Over in the shed Madame Wardrobe Mistress says Bernina or Rossman are the ones to look for.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Why does Africa, thats most all of it, have no manufacturing industry?..

Around here there're always gathering second-hand tools for Africa never anywhere else...

Reply to
tony sayer

Probably why they lost so much business to other machine manufacturers

Reply to
Rick Hughes